Fire swatter has a 60″ handle. Sometimes referred to as a fire flap, flail or beater, this tool is used to smother fire.
Fire Swatter; 60″ Wooden Handle
Fire swatter has a 60″ handle. Sometimes referred to as a fire flap, flail or beater, this tool is used to smother fire. Typically it is used to control or direct flames during controlled burns or in conjunction with mop-up details after fires. Production of this item dates back to the 1920’s. Older specifications may specify the flap as containing cotton ply’s. This type material is no longer available.
- Made in USA.
- Flap is a masticated rubber piece of approximately 1/4′ in diameter x 12″ x 15″.
- Secured to a rectangular steel structure member with a welded stud which is forced into a ferrule.
- Red enamel finish on the metal frame.
- 60″ American ash handle with a ferrule for strength and durability.
- Bundled for shipment and handling.