8# sledge-eye style splitting maul with a 34″ American made fiberglass handle.
8# Sledge-Eye Maul; Fiberglass Handle
- 8# sledge-eye style splitting maul with a 34″ American made fiberglass handle.
- Forged tool steel head, Made in USA, with clear lacquer finish to deter rust.
- Heat treatment of bit end produces fine grain structure and Rc 45-50 (Rockwell) for safety and toughness.
- Striking face is intended for driving steel wedges (Council #5W) that are used in conjunction with splitting logs.
- 34″ American-made fiberglass handle, “jacketed style.” (Polymer is injection molded around fiberglass pultrusion, similar to traditional wooden shape.)
- Handle is epoxy bonded to bare metal eye, creating an extremely strong chemical and mechanical bond.