3.5 lbs. Dayton SB Axe; 36 in. Fiberglass HandleSKU: 35DRFG
3.5 lbs. Dayton pattern single bit axe with 36 in. fiberglass handle.Where to Buy
3.5 lbs. Dayton pattern single bit axe with 36 in. fiberglass handle. Dayton pattern so named for the Dayton, Ohio area. A full sized felling axe for general axe chores. Cutting edge is approximately 4.75″ of overall length and the poll is square.
- Forged steel head. Made in USA.
- Hand sharpened, tapered bit for cutting and splitting.
- ANSI Standards call for bit hardness of Rc 45-60, at least ½ inch back from the cutting edge. Council Tool internal standards call for tempered bit hardness of Rc 48-55 and we target 1-1/4 inches from the cutting edge. The poll and eye walls are not hardened and remain in the as forged condition.
- Head coated with black enamel and cutting edges in clear lacquer to deter rust.
- 36 in. yellow clad style fiberglass handle. Traditional single bit shape. Construction is a pultruded structural fiberglass core with an injection molded jacket acting as an exterior body. The jacket is tough, durable engineered polymer. Extremely strong, non-conductive and non-corrosive.
- Axe head is joined to the handle with a strong resilient epoxy, forming a chemical and mechanical bond. The interior detail of the eye is tapered and allows for a strong mechanical bond.
Prop 65 Warning: This product contains Nickel (metallic), a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.p65warnings.ca.gov.
There are no reviews yet.
You may also like…
4 lbs. Dayton Axe; 36 in. Curved Wooden HandleMSRP $69.08 View Details about 4 lbs. Dayton Axe; 36 in. Curved Wooden Handle
3.5 lbs. Dayton SB Axe; 36 in. Straight Wooden HandleMSRP $60.80 View Details about 3.5 lbs. Dayton SB Axe; 36 in. Straight Wooden Handle
3.5 lbs. Dayton SB Axe; 36 in. Curved Wooden HandleMSRP $60.80 View Details about 3.5 lbs. Dayton SB Axe; 36 in. Curved Wooden Handle