3.5 lbs. Michigan Double Bit; Fiberglass HandleSKU: 352MRFG
3.5 lbs. Michigan pattern double bit axe with a 36 in. jacketed fiberglass handle.Where to Buy
3.5 lbs. Michigan pattern double bit axe with a 36 in. jacketed fiberglass handle. Michigan pattern originated from the state of the same name. Double bit axes were sometimes sharpened in different ways. One end was thinner and sharper and used for knot free cutting; the other end was thicker and blunter and used when knots were present or to cut near the ground where contact with dirt was likely.
- Forged tool steel head. Made in USA.
- Hand sharpened double bits for cutting and splitting, sharpened in the same manner.
- ANSI Standards call for bit hardness of Rc 45-60, at least ½ inch back from the cutting edge. Council Tool internal standards call for tempered bit hardness of Rc 48-55 and we target 1-1/4 inches from the cutting edge.
- Head coated with black enamel and cutting edges in clear lacquer to deter rust.
- 36 in. yellow clad style fiberglass handle. Traditional double bit shape. Construction is a pultruded structural fiberglass core with an injection molded jacket acting as an exterior body. The jacket is tough, durable engineered polymer. Extremely strong, non-conductive and non-corrosive.
- Axe head is joined to the handle with a strong resilient epoxy, forming a chemical and mechanical bond. The interior detail of the eye is tapered and allows for a strong mechanical bond.
Prop 65 Warning: This product contains Nickel (metallic), a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.p65warnings.ca.gov.
There are no reviews yet.
You may also like…
3.5 lbs. Dayton SB Axe; 36 in. Curved Wooden HandleMSRP $50.93 View Details about 3.5 lbs. Dayton SB Axe; 36 in. Curved Wooden Handle
3.5 lbs. Michigan Double Bit; 36 in. Straight Wooden HandleMSRP $60.96 View Details about 3.5 lbs. Michigan Double Bit; 36 in. Straight Wooden Handle
5 lbs. Dayton Axe; 36 in. Curved Wooden HandleMSRP $66.35 View Details about 5 lbs. Dayton Axe; 36 in. Curved Wooden Handle