3.75 lbs. Pulaski axe with 36 in. hickory handle, Sport Utility FinishSKU: SU38PE136
3.75 lbs. Pulaski axe with 36 in. hickory handle, in our ever popular Sport Utility line of axes.
Thought to have been developed in the early 1900’s by Edward Pulaski, a legendary Forest Service Ranger in Idaho. It is said that in August, 1910 his presence saved the lives of 45 men during a difficult time in a large fire. This traditional style axe blade paired with a mattock blade, is great for chopping, cutting roots, digging, or grubbing. Used in a variety of settings including wildland fire, forestry and general landscaping.
Leather mask sets are also available, as an accessory item (Part# 90-PAM27).
- Forged from 1060 steel. Made in USA.
- Hand sharpened, and includes both a single bit blade and mattock/grubbing blade.
- ANSI Standards call for bit hardness of Rc 45-60, at least ½ inch back from the cutting edge. Council Tool internal standards call for tempered bit hardness of Rc 48-55.
- Body left in as forged finish, coated with a rust-inhibiting oil.
- 36 in. double bit American hickory handle. Eye section is dried to below 10% moisture content to minimize shrinkage and help prevent loosening.
- Axe head is hung proud using a wooden and metal wedge.
- Approximately 1/2 in. of the overall length of the handle is removed during assembly. OAL is nominal.
You may also like…
36 in. Straight Double Bit Replacement HandleMSRP $31.57 View Details about 36 in. Straight Double Bit Replacement Handle
3.75 lbs. Pulaski Axe; NFES VersionMSRP $142.70 View Details about 3.75 lbs. Pulaski Axe; NFES Version
3.75 lbs. Pulaski Axe; Straight HandleMSRP $95.30 View Details about 3.75 lbs. Pulaski Axe; Straight Handle