3.5 lbs. Dayton SB Axe; 36 in. Curved Wooden HandleSKU: 35DR36C
3.5 lbs. Dayton pattern single bit axe with 36 in. curved wooden handle.Where to Buy
3.5 lbs. Dayton pattern single bit axe with 36 in. curved wooden handle. Dayton pattern so named for the Dayton, Ohio area. A full-sized felling axe for general axe chores. Cutting edge is approximately 4.75″ of overall length and the poll is square.
- Forged steel head.Made in USA.
- Hand sharpened, tapered bit for cutting and splitting.
- ANSI Standards call for bit hardness of Rc 45-60, at least ½ inch back from the cutting edge. Council Tool internal standards call for tempered bit hardness of Rc 48-55 and we target 1-1/4 inches from the cutting edge. The poll and eye walls are not hardened and remain in the as forged condition.
- Head coated with red enamel and cutting edges in clear lacquer to deter rust.
- 36 in. curved American hickory handle. Eye section is dried to below 10% moisture content to minimize shrinkage and help prevent loosening.
- Axe head is hydraulically seated onto handle and secured with a serrated aluminum wedge. The serrated shape improves bite and the aluminum choice of material is strong, lightweight and does not change size with moisture content.
- The interior detail of the eye is tapered and allows for a strong mechanical bond. Approximately 1/2 in. of the overall length of the handle is removed during assembly.
Prop 65 Warning: This product contains Nickel (metallic), a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.p65warnings.ca.gov.
There are no reviews yet.
You may also like…
3.5 lbs. Dayton SB Axe; 36 in. Fiberglass HandleMSRP $60.04 View Details about 3.5 lbs. Dayton SB Axe; 36 in. Fiberglass Handle
3.5 lbs. Dayton SB Axe; 36 in. Straight Wooden HandleMSRP $60.80 View Details about 3.5 lbs. Dayton SB Axe; 36 in. Straight Wooden Handle
4 lbs. Dayton Axe; 36 in. Curved Wooden HandleMSRP $69.08 View Details about 4 lbs. Dayton Axe; 36 in. Curved Wooden Handle