3.5 lbs. Miner’s SB Axe Dayton Pattern; 20 in. Straight Wooden HandleSKU: 35MD20
3.5 lbs. Dayton pattern single bit axe with 20 in. straight handle.Where to Buy
3.5 lbs. Dayton pattern single bit axe with 20″ straight handle. Known as a miner’s axe, the short handle is used for close quarters work. Cutting edge is approximately 4.75″ of overall length and the poll is square.
- Forged steel head. Made in USA.
- Hand sharpened, tapered bit for cutting and splitting.
- ANSI Standards call for bit hardness of Rc 45-60, at least ½ inch back from the cutting edge. Council Tool internal standards call for tempered bit hardness of Rc 48-55 and we target 1-1/4 inches from the cutting edge. The poll and eye walls are not hardened and remain in the as forged condition.
- Body coated with red enamel and the cutting edges in clear lacquer to deter rust.
- 20″ straight American hickory handle. Eye section is dried to below 10% moisture content to minimize shrinkage and help prevent loosening.
- Axe head is hydraulically seated onto handle and secured with a serrated aluminum wedge. The serrated shape improves bite and the aluminum choice of material is strong, lightweight and does not change size with moisture content.
- The interior detail of the eye is tapered and allows for a strong mechanical bond. Approximately 1/2 in. of the overall length of the handle is removed during assembly.
Prop 65 Warning: This product contains Nickel (metallic), a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.p65warnings.ca.gov.
There are no reviews yet.
You may also like…
4 lbs. Miner’s SB Axe Dayton Pattern; 20 in. Straight Wooden HandleMSRP $69.73 View Details about 4 lbs. Miner’s SB Axe Dayton Pattern; 20 in. Straight Wooden Handle
3.5 lbs. Jersey Miner’s Axe w/ 26 in.HandleMSRP $59.40 View Details about 3.5 lbs. Jersey Miner’s Axe w/ 26 in.Handle
5 lbs. Fallers SB Axe; 28 in. Straight Wooden HandleMSRP $81.01 View Details about 5 lbs. Fallers SB Axe; 28 in. Straight Wooden Handle
DUAL GRIT SHARPENING PUCKMSRP $26.42 View Details about DUAL GRIT SHARPENING PUCK