2lb Hudson Bay Camp Axe; 18 in. Curved Wooden Handle Sport Utility FinishSKU: SU20HB18C
2 lbs. Hudson Bay Axe head outfitted with an 18 in. curved hickory handle.Where to Buy
2 lbs. Hudson Bay Axe head outfitted with an 18″ curved hickory handle. One-handed camp axe. Used for light splitting, chopping, driving tent pegs, etc. The pattern is thought to have originated from “Biscayan” in Northern Spain, near France. French traders used this hand axe as a trade tool in their dealings with Native Americans for fur and other commodities in the Hudson Bay area, St. Lawrence River, and other trade routes.
Forged tool steel head. Made in USA.
- Hand sharpened, tapered bit for cutting and light splitting.
- ANSI Standards call for bit hardness of Rc 45-60, at least ½ inch back from the cutting edge. Council Tool internal standards call for tempered bit hardness of Rc 48-55 and we target 1-1/4 inches from the cutting edge.
- The poll end is also heat treated.
- Head coated with boiled Linseed Oil over the as forged finish.
- 18″ curved American hickory handle. Eye section is dried to below 10% moisture content to minimize shrinkage and help prevent loosening. Hafted high and proud.
- Axe head is hydraulically seated onto handle and secured with a traditional double wedge system.
- Approximately 1-1/4 in. of overall length of the handle is removed during assembly.
Prop 65 Warning: This product contains Nickel (metallic), a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.p65warnings.ca.gov.
You may also like…
2.25 lbs. Boy’s Axe; 28 in. Curved Wooden Handle Sport Utility FinishMSRP $60.44 View Details about 2.25 lbs. Boy’s Axe; 28 in. Curved Wooden Handle Sport Utility Finish
2.25 lbs. Boy’s Axe; 24 in. Curved Wooden Handle Sport Utility FinishMSRP $59.86 View Details about 2.25 lbs. Boy’s Axe; 24 in. Curved Wooden Handle Sport Utility Finish