6 lbs. Pickhead Axe; 32 in. Curved Wooden HandleSKU: 60P32C
6.0 lbs. Pickhead fireman’s axe with a 32 in. curved hickory handle.Where to Buy
6.0 lbs. Pickhead fireman’s axe with a 32 in. curved hickory handle. Traditional pickhead style. Cutting bit on one end and a pick designed to penetrate on the other. Used in all manner of municipal fire fighting applications, chopping, battering, forcible entry, door stop, ect. Cutting edge is approximately 5″ in. overall length.
- Forged tool steel head. Made in USA.
- Body fully polished, hand sharpened tapered cutting edge and pick.
- ANSI Standards call for bit hardness of Rc 45-60, at least ½ inch back from the cutting edge. Council Tool internal standards call for tempered bit hardness of Rc 48-55 and we target 1-1/4 inches from the cutting edge. The poll and eye walls are not hardened and remain in the as forged condition.
- Body coated with fire engine red enamel and the cutting edges in clear lacquer to deter rust.
- 32 in american hickory handle. Eye section is dried to below 10% moisture content to minimize shrinkage and help prevent loosening.
- Axe head is hydraulically seated onto handle and secured with a serrated aluminum wedge. The serrated shape improves bite and the aluminum choice of material is strong, lightweight and does not change size with moisture content.
- The interior detail of the eye is tapered and allows for a strong mechanical bond. Approximately 1/2 in. of the overall length of the handle is removed during assembly.
Prop 65 Warning: This product contains Nickel (metallic), a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.p65warnings.ca.gov.
There are no reviews yet.
You may also like…
8 lbs. Pickhead Axe; 36 in. Fiberglass HandleMSRP $156.57 View Details about 8 lbs. Pickhead Axe; 36 in. Fiberglass Handle
6 lbs. Pickhead Axe; 36 in. Fiberglass HandleMSRP $100.97 View Details about 6 lbs. Pickhead Axe; 36 in. Fiberglass Handle
6 lbs. Pickhead Fire Axe; 36 in. Curved Wooden HandleMSRP $88.58 View Details about 6 lbs. Pickhead Fire Axe; 36 in. Curved Wooden Handle