3.75 lbs. Pulaski Axe; Straight HandleSKU: 38PE136
3.75 lbs. Pulaski axe with 36 in. hickory handle.Where to Buy
3.75 lbs. Pulaski axe with 36 in. hickory handle. Thought to have been developed in the early 1900’s by Edward Pulaski, a legendary Forest Service Ranger in Idaho. It is said that in August, 1910 his presence saved the lives of 45 men during a difficult time in a large fire. A traditional style bit axe blade on one end and a mattock blade for digging or grubbing on the other end. Used in a variety of settings including forestry and general landscaping.
- Forged from 1060 steel. Made in USA.
- Hand sharpened, single bit edge and mattock blade.
- ANSI Standards call for bit hardness of Rc 45-60, at least ½ inch back from the cutting edge. Council Tool internal standards call for tempered bit hardness of Rc 48-55.
- Body coated with red enamel and the cutting edges in clear lacquer to deter rust.
- 36 in. double bit American hickory handle. Eye section is dried to below 10% moisture content to minimize shrinkage and help prevent loosening.
- Axe head is hydraulically seated onto handle and secured with a serrated aluminum wedge. The serrated shape improves bite and the aluminum choice of material is strong, lightweight and does not change size with moisture content.
- The interior detail of the eye is tapered and allows for a strong mechanical bond. Approximately 1/2 in. of the overall length of the handle is removed during assembly. OAL is nominal.
Prop 65 Warning: This product contains Nickel (metallic), a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.p65warnings.ca.gov.
You may also like…
3.75 lbs. Pulaski Axe; NFES VersionMSRP $131.88 View Details about 3.75 lbs. Pulaski Axe; NFES Version
Combi Tool; Pick & Shovel Multi-PurposeMSRP $174.35 View Details about Combi Tool; Pick & Shovel Multi-Purpose
Pulaski SheathMSRP $26.45 View Details about Pulaski Sheath