4 lbs. Dayton SB Axe; 28 in. Straight Wooden HandleSKU: 40DR28S
4 lbs. Dayton pattern single bit axe with a 28 straight wooden handle.Where to Buy
4 lbs. Dayton pattern single bit axe with a 34 in. straight wooden handle. Dayton pattern so named for the Dayton, Ohio area. A mid-sized felling axe for general axe chores including driving wedges. Cutting edge is approximately 4.75″ of overall length and the poll is square.
- Forged tool steel head. Made in USA.
- Hand sharpened, tapered bit for cutting and splitting.
- ANSI Standards call for bit hardness of Rc 45-60, at least ½ inch back from the cutting edge. Council Tool internal standards call for tempered bit hardness of Rc 48-55 and we target 1-1/4 inches from the cutting edge. The poll and eye walls are not hardened and remain in the as forged condition.
- Head coated with red enamel and cutting edge in clear lacquer to deter rust.
- 34 in. straight American hickory handle. Eye section is dried to below 10% moisture content to minimize shrinkage and help prevent loosening.
- Axe head is hydraulically seated onto handle and secured with a serrated aluminum wedge. The serrated shape improves bite size and the aluminum choice of material is strong, lightweight and does not change size with moisture content.
- The interior detail of the eye is tapered and allows for a strong mechanical bond. Approximately 1/2 in. of overall length of the handle is removed during assembly.
Prop 65 Warning: This product contains Nickel (metallic), a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.p65warnings.ca.gov.
There are no reviews yet.
You may also like…
FE6-32 Forcible Entry 6lb Flathead Fire Axe with 32 in. Hickory HandleMSRP $99.45 View Details about FE6-32 Forcible Entry 6lb Flathead Fire Axe with 32 in. Hickory Handle
5 lbs. Fallers SB Axe; 28 in. Straight Wooden HandleMSRP $81.01 View Details about 5 lbs. Fallers SB Axe; 28 in. Straight Wooden Handle
3.5 lbs. Jersey Miner’s Axe w/ 26 in.HandleMSRP $59.40 View Details about 3.5 lbs. Jersey Miner’s Axe w/ 26 in.Handle