3 lbs. Cross Pein Hammer; 15 in. Wooden HandleSKU: PR30XP
3 lbs. cross pein hammer (sometimes called a “blacksmith” hammer) with hickory handle.Where to Buy
- 3 lbs. cross pein hammer (sometimes called a “blacksmith” hammer).
- Forged tool steel head, Made in USA , with clear lacquer finish to deter rust.
- Striking face is precision-machined with proper radius and chamfer (bevel), providing safer performance.
- Heat treated after machining for increased depth of hardness. (Turning after hardening looks more attractive (on competitor’s tools) but leaves less depth.)
- Heat treatment produces fine grain structure and Rc 46-54 (Rockwell) for safety and toughness.
- 15 in american-made hickory handle, kiln dried before turning. Eye section is then dried below 10% moisture content prior to assembly.
- Handle is hydraulically inserted into head and secured with a serrated aluminum wedge, providing a very secure mechanical bond. Approximately 1/2 in. of handle length is removed during assembly.
- Meets or exceeds ASME B107.54-2001.
Prop 65 Warning: This product contains Nickel (metallic), a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.p65warnings.ca.gov.
There are no reviews yet.