Velvicut® 2.25 lbs. Premium Bad Axe Boy’s Axe & SheathSKU: JP22DV28C
Velvicut® Premium 2.25# Boy’s Axe with 28 in Premium Hickory HandleWhere to Buy
Modeled after the well-known “Boy’s Axe” of the US Forest Service, this beauty takes improved performance one step further.
The Dayton patterned head features somewhat thicker cheeks than other axes in the marketplace. Its angle is approximately 25° but is slightly convex. This superlative design feature is preferred by many tool experts, including the US Forest Service. Its profile, in conjunction with its sharpness, provides a deep bite into wood — like American hardwoods — without sticking. Each axe is hand-sharpened (to fit a gauge, ensuring consistency).
Handle pattern features a prominent grip and a slim body that allows the handle to flex a bit, improving the ergonomics. Its traditional pattern embodies the heirloom quality of axes from times gone by.
The “BAD AXE BOY’S AXE” is a great mid-sized tool perfect for camping or to keep handy in a vehicle or at home. It’s small enough to split kindling but “BAD” enough to chop a small tree. Beware: this well-balanced axe arrives razor sharp.
- 2.25 lbs. head will last a lifetime; we guarantee it. (overall tool weight is right at 3.5 lbs.)
- Forged using 5160 grade alloy steel. “Council” is displayed on one side of the head, and the other is proudly marked “USA“.
- Bit is heat treated and quenched approximately 1 in. from the cutting edge, then tempered for maximum edge holding and toughness. Final hardness Rc 52-56.
- 28 in. handle (before assembly) is made of grade “A” American hickory and selected for grain orientation and density, making it strong. Mounted to head in the traditional manner using a softwood wedge along with a round steel wedge for added security.
- Axe head is coated with light oil to prevent rusting and to showcase the exceptional Council Tool craftsmanship. A Linseed oil coating is applied to protect the handle.
- Premium leather sheath protects the tool and user and features a buckle for fastening, a belt slit and an embossed logo. Like its companion axe, the sheath is MADE IN USA.
Prop 65 Warning: This product contains Nickel (Metallic), a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.p65warnings.ca.gov.
You may also like…
Shoulder Sling for WC Pack Axe SheathMSRP $24.63 View Details about Shoulder Sling for WC Pack Axe Sheath
Velvicut Full Leather Sheath for Boy’s AxeMSRP $46.62 View Details about Velvicut Full Leather Sheath for Boy’s Axe
2.25 lbs. Boy’s Axe; 24 in. Curved Wooden Handle Sport Utility FinishMSRP $59.86 View Details about 2.25 lbs. Boy’s Axe; 24 in. Curved Wooden Handle Sport Utility Finish
2.25 lbs. Boy’s Axe; 28 in. Curved Wooden Handle Sport Utility FinishMSRP $60.44 View Details about 2.25 lbs. Boy’s Axe; 28 in. Curved Wooden Handle Sport Utility Finish