Velvicut® 2.25 lbs. Premium Bad Axe Boy’s Axe & SheathSKU: JP22DV28C
You asked for it, now it’s here! The Premium Velvicut® “BAD AXE BOY’S AXE”!!Where to Buy
Modeled after the well-known “Boy’s Axe” of the US Forest Service, this beauty takes improved performance one step further. Like the Velvicut® Hudson Bay, the axe is pierced with a special punch forming ribs horizontally and vertically inside the eye. Our unique upsetting technique creates more contact area and “bite” between the head to handle joint. The result? A stronger, more durable tool.
The Dayton patterned head features somewhat thicker cheeks than other axes in the marketplace. Its angle is approximately 25° but is slightly convex. This superlative design feature is preferred by many tool experts, including the US Forest Service. Its profile, in conjunction with its sharpness, provides a deep bite into wood — like American hardwoods — without sticking. Each axe is hand-sharpened (to fit a gauge, ensuring consistency).
Handle pattern features a prominent grip and a slim body that allows the handle to flex a bit, improving the ergonomics. Its traditional pattern embodies the heirloom quality of axes from times gone by.
The “BAD AXE BOY’S AXE” is a great mid-sized tool perfect for camping or to keep handy in a vehicle or at home. It’s small enough to split kindling but “BAD” enough to chop a small tree. Beware: this well-balanced axe arrives razor sharp.
- 2.25 lbs. head will last a lifetime; we guarantee it. (overall tool weight is right at 3.5 lbs.)
- Forged using 5160 grade alloy steel. “Council” is displayed on one side of the head, and the other is proudly marked “USA“.
- Bit is heat treated and quenched approximately 1 in. from the cutting edge, then tempered for maximum edge holding and toughness. Final hardness Rc 52-56.
- 28 in. handle (before assembly) is made of grade “A” American hickory and selected for grain orientation and density, making it strong. Mounted to head in the traditional manner using a softwood wedge along with a round steel wedge for added security.
- Axe head is coated with light oil to prevent rusting and to showcase the exceptional Council Tool craftsmanship. A Linseed oil coating is applied to protect the handle.
- Premium leather sheath protects the tool and user and features a buckle for fastening, a belt slit and an embossed logo. Like its companion axe, the sheath is MADE IN USA.
Prop 65 Warning: This product contains Nickel (Metallic), a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.p65warnings.ca.gov.
You may also like…
Shoulder Sling for WC Pack Axe SheathMSRP $23.15 View Details about Shoulder Sling for WC Pack Axe Sheath
2.25 lbs. Boy’s Axe; 28 in. Curved Wooden Handle Sport Utility FinishMSRP $56.80 View Details about 2.25 lbs. Boy’s Axe; 28 in. Curved Wooden Handle Sport Utility Finish
2.25 lbs. Boy’s Axe; 24 in. Curved Wooden Handle Sport Utility FinishMSRP $56.26 View Details about 2.25 lbs. Boy’s Axe; 24 in. Curved Wooden Handle Sport Utility Finish
Velvicut Full Leather Sheath for Boy’s AxeMSRP $43.81 View Details about Velvicut Full Leather Sheath for Boy’s Axe