2.25 lbs. Boy’s Axe; 28 in. Curved Wooden Handle Sport Utility FinishSKU: SU22B28C
2.25 lbs. Dayton axe head outfitted with a 28 in. curved hickory handle.Where to Buy
2.25 lbs. Dayton axe head outfitted with a 28 in. curved hickory handle. Popularly referred to as a “boy’s” axe. A “mid” sized tool. Dayton pattern originated from the Dayton, Ohio, area.
- Forged tool steel head. Made in USA.
- Hand sharpened, tapered bit for cutting and light splitting.
- ANSI Standards call for bit hardness of Rc 45-60, at least ½ inch back from the cutting edge. Council Tool internal standards call for tempered bit hardness of Rc 48-55 and we target 1-1/4 inches from the cutting edge. The poll and eye walls are not hardened and remain in the as forged condition.
- Head coated with boiled Linseed Oil over the as forged finish.
- 28 in. curved American hickory handle. Eye section is dried to below 10% moisture content to minimize shrinkage and help prevent loosening. Hafted high and proud.
- Axe head is hydraulically seated onto handle and secured with a traditional double wedge system.
- The interior detail of the eye is tapered and allows for a strong mechanical bond. Approximately 1/4 in. of overall length of the handle is removed during assembly.
“I just wanted to say that I learned about Council Tool within the past year. I am involved in bushcraft and camping and when the announcement came out that CT was going to produce some higher quality axes aimed at my hobby, most of us took notice. Earlier this year, I saw a video on YouTube by Israel Turley of Turley Knives on your Boy’s Axe. He thought very highly of it and showed that a $40 tool made in the USA could compete with Wetterlings and Gransfors Bruks. I ended up buying a Boy’s Axe online and just used it for the first time this weekend. It is an excellent axe! I am very, very pleased with it and I’m looking forward to many long years of use.”
You may also like…
2.25 lbs. Boy’s Axe; 28 in. Curved Wooden Handle Sport Utility FinishMSRP $68.77 View Details about 2.25 lbs. Boy’s Axe; 28 in. Curved Wooden Handle Sport Utility Finish
2.25 lbs. Boy’s Axe; 24 in. Curved Wooden Handle Sport Utility FinishMSRP $67.57 View Details about 2.25 lbs. Boy’s Axe; 24 in. Curved Wooden Handle Sport Utility Finish
Velvicut® 2.25 lbs. Premium Bad Axe Boy’s Axe & SheathMSRP $197.10 View Details about Velvicut® 2.25 lbs. Premium Bad Axe Boy’s Axe & Sheath
Bought the fss version of this axe from omaha knife with the upgraded velvicut handle. Best axe I’ve ever used. Perfect straight grained slim tapered handle,great fit and finish on the head. Easy to sharpen and holds an edge well. I use it alot limbing trees before I block them up for firewood.
Nicholas Barillas –
I just recently purchased this awesome little axe. Everything that matters in the axe is perfect. The hang on my axe is dead on. Grain orientation on the handle is perfect. The axe head is forged beautifully with no deformations. Overall I’m extremely pleased with this axe. So much so I purchased the jersey style axe with the phantom bevels. God bless this company.