1.7 lbs. Hatchet; 14 in. Curved Wooden Handle Sport Utility FinishSKU: SU20HCT14
1.7 lbs. Dayton axe head outfitted with a 14 in. curved hickory handle.Where to Buy
1.7 lbs. Dayton axe head outfitted with a 14 in. curved hickory handle. One handed hatchet ideal for camping and easily packable. Dayton pattern originated from the Dayton, Ohio, area.
- Forged tool steel head. Made in USA.
- Hand sharpened, tapered bit for cutting and light splitting.
- ANSI Standards call for bit hardness of Rc 45-60, at least ½ inch back from the cutting edge. Council Tool internal standards call for tempered bit hardness of Rc 48-55 and we target 1-1/4 inches from the cutting edge. The poll and eye walls are not hardened and remain in the as forged condition.
- Head coated with boiled Linseed Oil over the as forged finish.
- 14 in. curved American hickory handle. Eye section is dried to below 10% moisture content to minimize shrinkage and help prevent loosening. Hafted high and proud.
- Axe head is hydraulically seated onto handle and secured with a traditional double wedge system.
- The interior detail of the eye is tapered and allows for a strong mechanical bond. Approximately 1/4 in. of overall length of the handle is removed during assembly.
Prop 65 Warning: This product contains Nickel (metallic), a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.p65warnings.ca.gov
You may also like…
2lb Hudson Bay Camp Axe; 18 in. Curved Wooden Handle Sport Utility FinishMSRP $71.49 View Details about 2lb Hudson Bay Camp Axe; 18 in. Curved Wooden Handle Sport Utility Finish
1.7 lbs. Hatchet; 14 in. Curved Wooden Handle Sport Utility FinishMSRP $54.19 View Details about 1.7 lbs. Hatchet; 14 in. Curved Wooden Handle Sport Utility Finish