3.5 lbs. Jersey Classic Axe w/ 32 in. Curved Handle Sport Utility FinishSKU: SU35JC32C
3.5 lbs. Jersey Classic pattern single bit axe with a 32 in. curved handle.Where to Buy
3.5 lbs. Jersey pattern single bit axe with a 32 in. curved handle. Forged in Bevels provide an air pocket to prevent sticking. Sometimes referred to as a “Baltimore Jersey” pattern, this shape features lugs or ears which increase the surface contact area with the handle. The geographic origins are self explanatory. The earlier Kentucky and North Carolina patterns were somewhat similar. A full sized felling axe for general axe chores. Cutting edge is approximately 5” in. overall length and the poll is square.
- Forged tool steel head. Made in USA.
- Hand sharpened, tapered bit for cutting and splitting.
- ANSI Standards call for bit hardness of Rc 45-60, at least ½ inch back from the cutting edge. Council Tool internal standards call for tempered bit hardness of Rc 48-55 and we target 1-1/4 inches from the cutting edge. The poll and eye walls are not hardened and remain in the as forged condition.
- Head coated with boiled Linseed Oil over the as forged finish.
- 32 in. curved American hickory handle. Eye section is dried to below 10% moisture content to minimize shrinkage and help prevent loosening. Hafted high and proud.
- Axe head is hydraulically seated onto handle and secured with a traditional double wedge system.
- The interior detail of the eye is tapered and allows for a strong mechanical bond. Approximately 1/4 in. of overall length of the handle is removed during assembly.
Prop 65 Warning: This product contains Nickel (metallic), a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.p65warnings.ca.gov.
You may also like…
2.25 lbs. Boy’s Axe; 24 in. Curved Wooden Handle Sport Utility FinishMSRP $67.57 View Details about 2.25 lbs. Boy’s Axe; 24 in. Curved Wooden Handle Sport Utility Finish
3.5 lbs. Sport Utility Michigan Classic Double Bit; 36 in. Straight Wooden HandleMSRP $99.10 View Details about 3.5 lbs. Sport Utility Michigan Classic Double Bit; 36 in. Straight Wooden Handle
2.25 lbs. Boy’s Axe; 28 in. Curved Wooden Handle Sport Utility FinishMSRP $68.77 View Details about 2.25 lbs. Boy’s Axe; 28 in. Curved Wooden Handle Sport Utility Finish
3.5 lbs. Jersey Axe w/ 36 in. Curved Handle Sport Utility FinishMSRP $79.60 View Details about 3.5 lbs. Jersey Axe w/ 36 in. Curved Handle Sport Utility Finish
Dr John P –
This is an amazing Axe right out of the box. The edge is sharp, the hafting is excellent with no spaces and the handle is beautiful and ready to customize.
This is my first CT axe and it sits right up there with my Helko Werks Tasmanian and my Hults Bruk Arvika 5 Star.
Don’t under estimate the quality of these tools.
tony curotto –
I just got this axe and it is amazing. Real deal quality unlike box store axes and the price is right! The 32in handle is the smartest thing council has as an alternative to a 36in.Having a choice is always great.
Nicholas Barillas –
After purchasing the boys axe I was very pleased with the quality of Council tool axes. Unfortunately after receiving this axe I immediately noticed several things off about it. The forge was uneven on the head. It has a big grind mark on the one side of the cheek past the bevels. Looking from the top down it almost appears as if it’s slightly warped. Moving to the handle it also had it’s issues. The barrel wedge used wasn’t fully seated leaving some of the barrel above the wooden wedge itself. It was a little bit of a let down having received such a great product in the boys axe and spending over a hundred dollars to get this axe to my door. I’ve sense then tried to do some sanding to even it out a hair. I will say no matter what I still love their products. Heat treat is well done on a above average steel.. Disclaimer I purchased this axe on Amazon through wiseman trading so it did not come directly from Council Tool to me in this condition.